The ideal music to read a DWJ novel to.

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 6 23:31:52 EDT 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001 Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk wrote:

> Dorian:
>
> > > :-)  We are never told what sort of music Indigo Rubber play,
> > > are we?  But it's a great name for a group!  (Should we start
> > > one? There must be enough of us who can play/sing...)
> >
> > I sing a passable alto, and, while not actually playing anything
> > properly, can get a decent noise out of almost every instrument
> > (flute excepted).  Hallie and Becca both sing too, I think - I
> > know Becca's a soprano, and she plays the piano too.  And you play
> > brass, don't you, Philip?  There's a fair-ish start!
>
> Not brass, I'm afraid.  Piano, bassoon, organ; I'm teaching myself
> the whistle (flageolet?) at the moment.  And I sing bass.

I play brass.
And various keyboard instruments.
(And I keep telling myself that one day I'll learn guitar, but it
hasn't happened yet.)

However, it's an old joke in the family that the reason we all play
musical instruments is that none of us can sing.

(I've had reason to observe that one useful aspect of brass
instruments is that they all, apart from the trombones, use the same
fingering, so knowing one gives you a chance at playing others. Unless
of course the one you start with is a trombone.)

(Guess which instrument I play.)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."