The ideal Music to read a Dwj novel to

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Sep 6 15:08:15 EDT 2001

>  > Sophie
>>
>>  (who has to admit that she does not much like the Doors)
>>
>Yes! Hurrah! I LOATHE the Doors! What a load of overrated poo! If Jim
>Morrison hadn't died young they would mercifully have been forgotten by now.
>Ania

Oh Ania, what a pity you're too repressed to give your honest opinion
about the Doors. :)  I'm not interested enough now to attempt to give
any kind of justification for my at-the-time fandom, especially as
this was Seb's group.  Ulp.

However, Ven's comment about the freaky-Seb-family-situation-song did
make me think of other songs that fit:  People Are Strange was the
most obvious and certainly ties in beautifully!  But what about Break
on Through (to the other side) - has a nowhere/ here now sort of ring
to it, maybe?

On a related topic, we got a new CD today, and I was looking at it
while thinking about the thread.  There was a version of the Two
Sisters song which in mentioned in _The Perilous Gard_, and I was
thinking about that connection, and looked at the credit for the next
song, which was to someone with Tamlyn Music!  Well, ok, it's all
pretty minor, but it amused me.

Hallie.