Julian May

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 11:36:16 EDT 2001

> I'm going through all the reader's tips I've gone so far... Woah,
> this mailing list is really active! Well, I'm trying to see what's in

It's got one of it's sudden enthusiasms, hasn't it?  I dare say it'll calm down
again soon.

> the local library (checking the Internet site of the library), and I
> just found one book by Julian May. In persian (it's the word for the
> language, right?) Anyway, it's called: "Ab va hava" / nivishtah-i

If you want to be pedantic, I think the language is called Farsi, but Persian is
accurate enough for everyday.

> Julyan May ; tarjumah-i Adil Arshaqi
> Gee.

Quite.

> I wounder: what has Julian May written anyway?
> Can you please tell me?
> What is it that I'm missing here?

Well, she was one of the authors of "Black Trillium" (I think Andre Norton was
another.  Can't remember the third) and also wrote some sequels to it.

Her best known (?) well, most easily available, are the Galactic Milieu books.

A novel, "Intervention", sometimes published in two volumes, "Surveillance" and
"Metaconcert" (I think)

The Saga of the Exiles, four novels:  "The Many-Coloured Land", "The Golden
Torc", "The Non-Born King" and "The Adversary"  (I think that's the right order)

The Galactic Milieu trilogy: "Jack the Bodiless", "Diamond Mask" and
"Magnificat".

Read each series in order if possible, but it doesn't matter which series you
tackle first.

More recently she's been writing the Rampart Worlds books.  "Perseus Spur" is
the first (of which I've ended up with two copies.  Anyone want a paperback of
it for L1 + postage?  Please contact me off-list if you do).  The second is
"Orion Arm", which I haven't got yet.

HTH

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970