And in case you hadn't heard, the Hugo Award goes to. . .

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed Sep 5 21:01:53 EDT 2001

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

|. . . J.K. Rowling for _Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire_.
|
|This is the first time a YA fantasy novel has ever won the Hugo for best
|novel.  (_Ender's Game_ doesn't count.)

Aaargh!  And Midnight Robber came in *last*?  Okay, that's clear.
This year's voters weren't literate in English.  Or they were
ringers.  Or something.

(If you want to interpret that as a heartfelt recommendation to
read Nalo Hopkinson's Midnight Robber, please do.  I only took it
off my "lend to everyone who comes into my house" shelf to
replace it with Hopkinson's first book, Brown Girl in the Ring.)

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
"A grown man punting a kitten who was looking the other way... It
was the bravest thing I've ever seen."  -- Sluggy Freelance