Book Recommendations

lpuszcz at uoft02.utoledo.edu lpuszcz at uoft02.utoledo.edu
Wed Sep 5 15:06:40 EDT 2001

Thanks to all who have been giving them.  I know have a list a mile long,
since i am another of those who read very littke sci fi/fantasy, but I
loved Bujold and Pratcheet, both of whose books I read because of this
list, so I trust you.

Someone mentioned a couple of mysteries in their recommendations, and that
was a favorite genre of mine, so i can second Jabet evanovish.  I think of
her books as "popcorn books," and I mean it as a compliment.  They are
very entertaining, if not incredibly deep, but seomtimes you need that.
"Seven Up" " came in to my local library while I was studying in Spain, so
I lost my turn and have to wait till it's available again.

I really enjoyed the first two "Aunt Dimity" books --they are such comfort
reads--but have really disliked the later ones. I'm not sure why. I
moderately liked the first three Diane Mott Davidson "culinary mysteries"
with Goldie, but have loathed all the rest.  Anyone have a similar
reaction?  Any mystery readers who can recommend a few good authors?  I
have my favorites, but am having trouble finding "new" authors.

Laurie