The ideal music to read a DWJ novel to.

Tarja Rainio vierran at saunalahti.fi
Wed Sep 5 16:07:33 EDT 2001

on 5.9.2001 22:00, Sophie Liebregts at s_liebregts at yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> Finnish as well. Tarja, do you know Varttina. I love
> them.

Yes, I do. They are very much based on the eastern tradition (Karelia) ,
though they have modernised the settings of some songs. Still, most are
based on authentic old songs.

Another Finnish folk group that I really like is Angelin tytöt (Girls from
Angeli, lately renamed to Angelit) who are Saami and have made traditional
albums, but the girls have also collaborated with a heavy metal band Waltari
to create some quite "interesting" songs. Fun, if you like both folk music
and heavy metal =).

Tarja