The Whispering Mountain

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Wed Sep 5 15:35:21 EDT 2001

In a message dated 9/5/2001 12:02:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Philip Belben
writes:

> However I would add that there exist Joan Aiken James III books that are not
>  part of the series above.  I have "The Whispering Mountain" but I think
it's
> the
>  sequel to another book not in that series?

It reads like a sequel, but I don't think the implied first book exists.

I like the juxtaposition above that makes it appear that there is a writer
named Joan Aiken James, The Third :)

I've read two or three of her Austen books, and like them much better than
most Austen sequels. However that isn't saying much, as most Austen sequels
are incredibly bad, nearly as bad as novelizations of the Brontes' lives.

Helen Schinske