Tanith Lee (was Re: A long ramble: Regency fantasy, book recommendations, etc.)

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Sep 4 22:31:21 EDT 2001

[JOdel at aol.com]
> > > I LOVED The Dragon Hoard when I first encountered it in the '70s
> > > It is one of her earliest, along with one of other prince and
> > > princess stories.

[Melissa]
> > I'm almost certain I've read this one or the other one and just
> > loved it, but I've never been able to find them again.

[Philip]
> Ditto!  (That's one with Prince Jasleth in it, isn't it?)

Yes. And the parody of the Argosy. And the never-ending story.
And the raven.

It's my favourite of Tanith Lee's books (which, I suppose, probably
says more about which of her other books I've read than anything
else), and I own my own copy (hooray).

The other one she wrote that's similar in tone is _Prince on a White
Horse_.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."