The Princess Bride (was Re: McKillip)

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Sep 4 15:35:19 EDT 2001

Rebecca asked...

> What are people's opinions on the Morgenstern version.  I have heard
from
> various sources that it does not exist, does exist and was
destroyed,
> exists and can be found, etc.  (Have we already discussed this?)
Has
> anyone actually seen the Morgenstern version?

It does not exist.  The whole device of Goldman's book being a
translation and abridgement of an older book is just that - a framing
device into which he fits his story.  Though I believe he finds it
highly amusing that so many people think Morgenstern and his book
exist(ed).

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"I feel that if a character cannot communicate, the very least he can
do is to shut up!"
--Tom Lehrer