Joan Aiken (Was: Re: Regency and other fantasy)

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Sep 4 15:33:05 EDT 2001

Melissa said...

> So what exactly is the order anyway?  And I just noticed, looking at
the
> library catalog, that she's written something called _Jane Fairfax:
Jane
> Austen's Emma through Another's Eyes_.  Anyone heard of it?  Also
_Mansfield
> Revisited_, billed as a sequel to _Mansfield Park_, and _Emma
Watson_ ("The
> Watsons Completed"), and _Eliza's Daughter_ (sequel to _Sense and
> Sensibility_).  I'm beginning to feel REALLY stupid about missing
Joan
> Aiken's books.  :)

I've read "Jane Fairfax", at least, and I think one of the others.
They're okay, but I wouldn't be dying about them.  Not a patch on the
Austen originals!

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"I feel that if a character cannot communicate, the very least he can
do is to shut up!"
--Tom Lehrer