The ideal music to read a DWJ novel to.

Sophie Liebregts s_liebregts at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 13:37:00 EDT 2001

 --- leza70 at juno.com wrote: > > What do you usually
put on your music system, when
> > reading a DWJ book?
>
> Nothing. When I'm reading, I don't hear the music
> anyway, unless it's
> annoying enough to distract me. If something is
> already playing I let
> it run out and forget to put something else on.
>
>    Irina
>  ++++++++++++++
>
> Ditto!
> -Jill

Er...well. Quite. I think, no actually, I know, that I
stated this wrong. What I really meant to ask, was
what sort of music do you fell connects up with the
books, what music captures the feel or the atmosphere
of them? I know that I asked what you put on whilst
reading, but then, when I think about it, I tend to
filter out any background noise pretty much. (Unless
the book isn't very good, or the music is sublime)

Bit as I said before, I sort feel that Kate Bush is
closest and I was wondering if that was just a
personal thing. I think it is quite striking that
quite a few people agreed. It happens the other way
around as well, where some of my friends who are into
the same music turn out to like the same books too.
Then again, sometimes they have a completely different
taste. I find the whole thing really interesting.

Sophie (who will try to bring the subject of music up
at every opportunity and is making notes about
book-recommendations with a musical theme)