Howl film news

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Tue Sep 4 12:09:18 EDT 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, andrew osmond wrote:
|"Yoshifumi Kondo directed one of our films, Whisper of the Heart (1985),
|but it started as a TV program," explained a Ghibli spokesman. "This is
|the first time we've had someone other than Miyazaki or Takahata -- or
|someone from outside the company -- direct a feature from the
|beginning.". The film is being prepared for a summer 2003 release.
|Following the release of his latest film, Spirited Away, Miyazaki, 60,
|announced that he was retiring from animation directing. Takahata, whose
|last Ghibli film was My Neighbors the Yamadas (2000), has not yet
|announced his next project.

Whisper of the Heart was a really sweet movie with a feel that
would work well for Howl's Moving Castle.  A local theater had a
Studio Ghibli festival, and this movie made me laugh.  There's a
great music jam scene in Whisper of the Heart which captured a
very similar feel to the chaos that usually ensues inside the
Castle.  Also the soundtrack is very funny.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
What does it matter whether we hang,
If we've learned a little wisdom?	-- _Jade_, Sally Watson