dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) Sherwood Smith

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Sep 4 05:12:09 EDT 2001

Ros:

>I've managed to find copies of Sherwood Smith's _Crown Duel_ and _Court
>Duel_ (on the basis of recommendations from this list, so it had better be
>good people!) but they haven't arrived from the US yet. I was wondering,
>though, about her _Wren_ books. Are they worth going to any trouble to find?
>I have the first two (not read yet, though--also arriving from the US), but
>not the third, _Wren's War_, and was wondering if it's worth really
>searching for. Anyone read these?

I wasn't as impressed with them, myself.  But then I read them after
the Crown & Court Duet, so had very high expectations.  Before _Crown
Duel_ I only had hopes.  :)  But if you have the first two you could
see how you like them - I couldn't find the first one for ages, as it
had gone oop while the other two were still in print.  Very annoying.
There was a romantic wrinkle which didn't much appeal to me in WW...

Hallie.