More book recommendations.

Alex alex.mb at zoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 15:00:24 EDT 2001

I love Margaret Mahy too.

Has anyone else read 24 hours, her most recent book. It's not fantasy though
the events are fantastic in a way. It describes 24 hours in the life of a
wealthy suburban boy and shows how quickly one's perception of oneself and
the world can change.

I loved it because although there was no magic in it, everything felt
mysterious and as if it could tip over into a magical world at any point. It
reminded me of how enchanting and frightening things seem when you are
young - you want to become involved but feel scared of that involvement.
Hope I haven't spoiled it for anyone.

Alex