More book recommendations.

Jenny H isidunil at yahoo.se
Mon Sep 3 10:00:08 EDT 2001

Hi!
I'm new on this list...
And yes, I've read a few of Margaret Mahy's books!
She's really a great children's books writer as well (as DWJ).
And she's from New Zealand. There's some sites out on the net with
info about her. I surfed around looking last time this very Monday.
Can you recommend other Children Books authors?
And which one of Diana Wynne Jones' books do you consider being the
best?
I've read some of them in Swedish - I'm from Sweden  - but
unfortunately there's just a few translated. I've to read the books
in English instead. Well, that's fine with me... I prefer reading in
the original language if I can.
I just ordered the Chrestomanci seri from a Swedish SF-shop today!
I'll have them in about 7-10 days. Already looking forward to that
moment!
My last read DWJ-book is: Hexwood. I read it this summer. All for
now... Looking forward to be a part of this mailing list. :)
Cheers,
Jenny

 --- Sophie Liebregts <s_liebregts at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >
> Oh dear,
>
> Such an overwhelming amount of recommendations, so
> little book time. (I am moving in about 10 days time
> and do not expect to how much leasure time for a long
> while after that either).
>
> Well, as if that wasn't enough, my tuppence worth.
>
> In the category "books for children/young adults that
> are still interesting", did any of you ever try any of
> Margaret Mahy's books?  I think she's from New
> Zealand. The Changeover is a wonderful book, it does
> appeal to adolescents in that it is partly about the
> change from girl to woman (as well as the more magical
> witch initiation), but as it is very well written, you
> can imagine her world from the hero's point of view.
>
> Her other books have been good as well, although I
> haven't read them for ages now, as they are lurking in
> Holland still.
>
> When I havel more time (whenever THAT is) I will
> organise all your suggestions in a file and of course,
> in time, I will actually read the most tasty-sounding
> ones.
>
> Sophie

=====
-Mahatma Gandhi