More book recommendations.

Sophie Liebregts s_liebregts at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 09:46:58 EDT 2001

Oh dear,

Such an overwhelming amount of recommendations, so
little book time. (I am moving in about 10 days time
and do not expect to how much leasure time for a long
while after that either).

Well, as if that wasn't enough, my tuppence worth.

In the category "books for children/young adults that
are still interesting", did any of you ever try any of
Margaret Mahy's books?  I think she's from New
Zealand. The Changeover is a wonderful book, it does
appeal to adolescents in that it is partly about the
change from girl to woman (as well as the more magical
witch initiation), but as it is very well written, you
can imagine her world from the hero's point of view.

Her other books have been good as well, although I
haven't read them for ages now, as they are lurking in
Holland still.

When I havel more time (whenever THAT is) I will
organise all your suggestions in a file and of course,
in time, I will actually read the most tasty-sounding
ones.

Sophie