Regency and other fantasy

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Mon Sep 3 07:33:49 EDT 2001

I wanted to suggest this "Sherlock - Holmes - Age" fantasy, but Hallie was faster.
:-)
I also enjoyed "Death of the Necromancer" by Martha Wells. I have to admit that I
was at first sceptical if fantasy could work in this setting, but this book
convinced me it can.

Some people at amazon thought it was too close to e.g. Holmes, but I liked the
allusions a lot: I thought they were funny. And she manages a character close to
"gay mage"  whom I still found touching...

Bettina