DWJ's answers: Harry Potter

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 01:54:18 EDT 2001

In a message dated 9/2/01 2:16:04 PM, hallieod at indigo.ie writes:

>>A Regency fantasy, despite the similar wording, means a story about the
>>Regency era of our own world, only with magic.  Either an alternate
>>universe, an alternate history, or whatever.  Events, personalities, and
>>places are all as they are in our world, but there's magic or faerie or
>>something else that makes it a fantasy.

I hesitate to mention this but some years ago publishing houses started bring
out "theme anthologies" It started simple, like a book of Christmas novellas.
But it grew. There are, to my certain knowlege, at least three collections
which are composed of retold fairy tales all set in Regency period, and ,
yes, they are DEFINITELY fantasy. I find them a bit croggling, mysself, but I
honestly cannot say that they are necessarily BAD...