Going to the library

Mon Sep 3 01:36:09 EDT 2001

On Sun, 2 Sep 2001 22:11:35 +0100, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>Another book I read and loved and then lost (you would think I'd
>learn to write down names of books from the library, wouldn't you?)
>was _Quest for a Maid_, by Frances Mary Hendry.  YA Medieval Scotland
>with magic, which we loved.  I think that one was rediscovered
>through one of those books like Let's Hear it for the Girls (?),
>which was given to Becca.

I love this book!  I read it in college--got it off the library shelf in
fact, and fortunately found a copy to purchase.  Hendry started a series or
trilogy loosely about Mary Queen of Scots but I've never read more than the
first one, which makes me sad.

>Finally, I figured something out about the Stephanie Plum books by
>Janet Evanovich - they're like the Bagthorpes (a list rec for me)
>with sex and guns. :)   (Not that sex and guns necessarily make a
>book funny, of course.   But in these they do contribute.)  There's a
>Granny who's so like the Granny in Bagthorpes it's unbelievable.
>What she does to funeral homes (the JE one, this is), is just like
>what the Bagthorpe one did to the bingo hall.

Hallie, I fell over laughing at the idea of Grandma Mazur and Granny...so
true!  I love those books.  Both sets.  :)

Melissa Proffitt