DWJ's answers: Harry Potter

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Sun Sep 2 06:20:38 EDT 2001

> > Rhianna and the Wild Magic, by Dave Luckett
>
> Haven't heard of this one...

It's a charming little fantasy, the first of three, I think. The world and
society is well-realised, and there's a school setting... I really like the
style, and the characters. It's not challenging, but then it's not meant to
be - it would suit confident readers as young as 8, I'd say, though probably
meant for 12 y-o or so, while still having enough guts in it to please at
least this (so-called) adult reader.

The theme of power and responsibility is very DWJ.
Sallyo.