DWJ's answers: Harry Potter

Gross Family argross at bigpond.net.au
Sat Sep 1 23:47:07 EDT 2001

Hallie wrote:

> _Winter Rose_ could be interesting for comparison as you've just read
> _Tam Lin_, since it's another (looser) variation on Tam Lin.  Becca
> and I both really liked WR, and _The Book of Atrix Wolfe_ (cool
> backwards writing), but our favourite of these recent ones was _Song
> for the Basilisk_.  Like Melissa, but I gather, unlike many McKillip
> fans.  I think quite a few die-hards found it a bit unengaging (Ros,
> you can correct me if I'm misremembering this from the list), but we
> just loved it.  It's marginally less elusive than WR and BoAW, and is
> just wonderful about music.  Really wonderful.

I can't remember if I've ever said anything about _Song for the basilisk_ or
not! Anyway, I really loved it. I enjoyed her other recent ones too, _Winter
Rose_ and _The Song of atrix Wolfe_, but _Song for the Basilisk_ "grabbed"
me more. If felt more emotionallly powerful than the others to me, though
_Winter Rose_comes a close second.

Ros