What to read? was Re: DWJ's answers: Harry Potter

Sat Sep 1 15:20:31 EDT 2001

On Sat, 1 Sep 2001 17:46:22 +0100, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>BTW, does anyone know if the second one has been republished too
>(stone something - blanking out totally on its name)?  I was looking
>at $100-ish copies for a while, and gave up.  We've _Eight Skilled
>Gentlemen_, but I want to read them in order.

It doesn't matter if you do or not.  In fact, _The Story of the Stone_ uses
the device of "the missing manuscripts of Number Ten Ox" so you start
feeling like you really are reading rediscovered historical stuff.

Anyway, no, so far none of the others have been republished.  Just keep
looking.  I'll look too.  I stumbled on that one in a basement somewhere
($2) and got really lucky with _Eight Skilled Gentlemen_ on ABE ($12 plus
shipping).  Sometimes they show up in library remainder sales, GRRRRR.

>Hallie (really envying you guys, cause I'm just back from a rotten
>tutorial and have no time to really catch up on this thread)

Poor Hallie!  I'm regretting getting everyone started on a weekend, when I
normally don't check email....

Melissa Proffitt