DWJ at fantasy symposium?

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 17:33:56 EST 2001

--- Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at Proffitt.com> wrote:
> A woman in my reading group is heading out to
> Montreal tomorrow and says DWJ
> is listed as appearing at the symposium this
> weekend.  Anyone know if this
> is still true, so I can be horribly jealous?

taking a look at the World Fantasy Convention webpage
list of Attending Members
[http://www.2001worldfantasyconvention.com/wfc2001-18.htm]
i see that DWJ is listed as one.  however, she's not
listed in the program as being on any of the panels or
events.  she's also listed as one of the World Fantasy
Award judges still, despite the recent reports that
she quit.
so... it seems like maybe she had been planning to be
there, but if she decided to not be a judge...?
i'm now extrememly curious, as well...  honestly, i'm
not sure how i failed to put two and two together
earlier, though perhaps it's all for the best because
i can't afford to go to the convention anyway...

--jenwa.