Scottish bookshops

Margaret Elizabeth Parks mep3 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Oct 15 12:50:07 EDT 2001

I should go on record as saying that matters have improved--I made a trip
to Dundee and found some slightly bigger bookshops, and bought myself
things including a(nother) copy of Dogsbody (mine's at home, old, and
hasn't been read in a while!) and a tape of Howl, despite the fact that
it's abridged and that I don't have a tape player here.  I also realized
that the reason I found the children's section in the local library
disappointing was because, surprise, there's an actual children's library
across the street.  I haven't had too much of a chance to look yet, and
it's small, but I'm sure it'll be great.  There are multiple bookshops in
St.Andrews, but they're rather small--I might be going to Edinburgh this
week, and I'm looking forward to checking out a few things (though the
friend I'm going with isn't, I think, the type to ride a bus for two hours
to sit in a bookstore.  Oh, well).

my apologies if I offeneded anyone. . .

lizzie