Wishing Becca's Much Esteemed Mother Well

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Oct 14 20:49:40 EDT 2001

> I (Becca) am writing on the part of my poor mother, who upon reading these
> harsh and chilling Words of Wisdom, has retired to her bed in a cold
> sweat. She is being examined, among other things, on her ability to make
> comparisons between prominant characters in Literature on this day next
> week, and the thought that someone's feeling about such a comparison might
> prompt you to say they are not as perspicacious as they think they are is
> a most terrifying and bewildering concept.
>
> (Also the fact that this biting rebuke was uttered using a word of
> over two syllables has disturbed her delicate mental balance.)

I am so glad to hear word of your esteemed mother, Becca. Her
hitherto inexplicable absence from this list has left us quite bereft
of her perspicacity and humour. Her  delicacy of mental
constitution being well known to us, we can only hope the
forthcoming examinations do not overturn her wits entirely and we
add to your exhortations to keep the list fluffy for her sake. I wish
your Mother well in her forthcoming ordeal and hope she will return
to us intact in mind and happy of heart.
                                           Ven.

Samuel R Delany. "The Fall of the Towers"