Gaiman's American Gods

Nat Case ncase at hedbergmaps.com
Thu Oct 11 12:39:57 EDT 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:

>  But bear in mind that our North American brethren
>and sistren[1] aren't used to the idea of six episodes constituting a
>full series: American series generally run to at least thirteen
>episodes.
>
>[1] I know that's not right, but I can never remember what the correct
>word is.

Cistern? No, that's something else.

And there are shorter series too. two nights, three nights, four
nights... a miniseries can be anylength at all. If it's a one-night
extra-long thing it's called a "special presentation." Always makes
me think of the Queen... "ABC will receive a Special Presentation at
Buckingham Palace on Tuesday from 9 pm Eastern, 8 pm Central and
Pacific."

Nat