World fantasy award

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 22:05:55 EDT 2001

The following was sent to the China Mieville list and found it's way
to the Tim powers group. I did wonder about the ethics of passing
on emails from list to list, but then I thought what the hell, it's out in
public now and I can't keep it to myself (and the rest of the Powers
list).

> > From:  DarkEcho at a...
> > Date:  Sun Oct 7, 2001  7:40 pm
> > Subject:  Re: [RR] Diana Wynne Jones on the World Fantasy Award
> >
> > hi guys
> >
> > hate to disappoint your interesting theorizing about the religious
> > beliefs/nonbeliefs involved in the world fantasy awards, but...
> >
> > i'm one of those world fantasy judges Diana so "radically"
> > disagrees with. i can't say anything about anything at the moment, of
> > course. except, off the record, i will say that Diana's statement to
> > ANSIBLE was untrue. (she did resign, but only after participating in
> > determination of nominess and winners in all categories save one AND she
> > resigned over a non-issue.) it's a bit of a mystery why she made the
> > statement. best theory is that she's a bit daft.

Well ................... I guess this story will run and run. Good to see
the fantasy community has its proper share of backbiters tho .....
                                           Ven.

Samuel R Delany. "The Fall of the Towers"