Gaiman's American Gods

christian nutt ferricide at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 03:49:09 EDT 2001

>From: Emma Comerford <s369161 at student.uq.edu.au>
>

> >of course, my low expectations after reading neverwhere are what let me
> >enjoy stardust so much, i think... =)
> >
>Didn't you like Neverwhere? I thought it was really good...

no. i didn't. at all. ok, i liked it a little bit. =)

i don't know if you were a sandman reader, but the book felt rather
transparently recycled and thrown together from a lot of its elements. as i
think i said in another post, i also felt like he basically lifted richard
mayhew from douglas adam's hitchhiker's guide's arthur dent, and sent him to
play in the london sewers.

the book, imo, was fluff and not even particularly well-executed fluff, as
far as gaiman goes. the book would've been more interesting coming from
another author, but from him, it was just a quick retread.

[ christian nutt - ferricide at hotmail.com ]