[OT] japanese translations of DWJ

christian nutt ferricide at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 20:30:42 EDT 2001

amazon.co.jp is fairly easy to use if you have a reasonable understanding of
japanese (i'm far from fluent) and a japanese IME (input method editor) for
your OS, which if it is a windows isotope, is either a free download from
microsoft.com (95, 98, Me) or built in (2000, XP).

amazon.co.jp is very reliable and the prices aren't bad because they're
aimed at japanese consumers, not foreigners who are importing the goods at a
premium. i've only ordered one thing from them, mainly becuase i'm totally
broke these days, but i would recommend them.

i would recommend a webpage called rikai:
http://www.rikai.com/cgi-bin/HomePage.pl?Language=En

it's a service for help with browsing in japanese that is like an integrated
dictionary. very helpful. also, of course, jeffrey's japanese to english
dictionary, http://linear.mv.com/cgi-bin/j-e/jis/dict

i have an interest in checking out DWJ in japanese, but i don't have the
financial wherewithal as mentioned, and honestly, i don't have the japanese
skill either, even to read something aimed at middle school kids, without a
dictionary and asking my friends for help. also i would like to wait for a
book i have more memorized would come out, probably, like christopher chant.

[ christian nutt - ferricide at hotmail.com ]