Book Rec. going back to Reading Styles

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Tue Nov 20 15:18:03 EST 2001

>A related question - does anyone think they learn poetry more easily
>because of being an auditory reader?  I was wondering when people got
>freaked about having to learn off some poetry on my course, whether
>GCSE/A level English didn't involve as much poetry memorising as
>Leaving Cert exams.  Now I'm wondering if that kind of memorising
>might be harder for visual readers.
I am an extremely visual reader, but I memorize poetry quite quickly, and
often from just having read a poem once or twice.  I'm not quite sure why,
or how, but I can think back to the imagery each piece gave me, and it
flows and if even a word is reversed then the scene goes too fast or slow.
One of my best friends is also very visual, and she memorizes by tying a
string into complex knots and then memorizing where the string was for each
word.  A little to complicated for me, but, whatever works.

Rebecca D. Ganetzky
"...and do not say that a thing is impossible to understand, for eventually
it will be understood."-Rabbi Hillel