OT: HP movie

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Nov 19 08:01:36 EST 2001

not really spoilery; about the acting.

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, christian nutt wrote:

> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> i think the performances were mostly good. daniel radcliffe overacts a bit,
> but i suspect that the director had the kids overact, based on the
> performances and something i read in entertainment weekly. emma (forgot her
> last name) that plays hermione too. only rupert grint (is that right?)
> really 100% nailed the role. and i don't even like ron that much in the
> books.
I haven't seen the movie yet (I'm going today with a group of friends),
but we had two British friends staying with us over the weekend, and
Hilary said that, from the trailers she'd seen, she didn't want to see the
movie because the children's accents annoyed her. I, slightly confused,
said, "But they cast British children." She thinks it's that the kids may
have gone to acting school or something, and sort of overemphasized their
accents, and therefore sounded weird. Dunno. But I thought that was an
interesting point.