OT: HP movie

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Sun Nov 18 16:20:37 EST 2001

SPOILER (says the girl, who hasn't seen the movie yet, but deperately
wanted to know opinions anyway)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
OKAY, that's all the space you get.
>>On Hermione's puzzle not being included
>One obvious point is that the logic puzzle isn't very cinematic...
Or perchance the producers couldn't figure out the puzzle <grin>  I
personally am really upset about that, because I was very much irritated
that the reader wasn't able to solve the puzzle with Hermione in the book
(it depended on shape, and iirc, color, as well.  And I was looking forward
to seeing the implementation visually so I could try to solve it.  It might
actually be unsovable, has anyone checked and tried messing around with the
clues?  I only have my Hebrew version with me (Thank you, again, Gili) and
my Hebrew isn't far enough advanced to figure it out.
I think it's terrible that they left it out, quite seriously, now, because
it's the thing that's supposed to prove that being a wizard sin't just
about _flash_ and it's also Snape's puzzle, which I think is necessary
because you realise that Snape is helping, too.

Rebecca D. Ganetzky
"...and do not say that a thing is impossible to understand, for eventually
it will be understood."-Rabbi Hillel