True Thomas.

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Nov 16 15:47:21 EST 2001

Rowena said...

> There's a nice site at
> http://www.tam-lin.org/
> with lots of different versions of Tam Lin, including songs
(Fairport
> Convention etc). It also includes comparisons to other tales such as
Beauty
> & the Beast as well as Thomas the Rhymer.

Ooh!  Thanks for that, Rowena - and to Sally for the Kipling poem.
The Tam Lin/Thomas the Rhymer stories are some of my very favourites.
I've bookmarked Rowena's site for later perusal; it looks most
enticing!

Talking of such things, has anyone else here read "The Hawthorn Tree"
by Patrick Little?  It's a lovely take on the "stolen by the fairies"
theme, and involves the hero reading "Thomas the Rhymer" in school
English class...which causes him to go to his English teacher for
help, later...

I wish I could find a copy of that book.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"I feel that if a character cannot communicate, the very least he can
do is to shut up!"
--Tom Lehrer