Words, sounds, pictures

Nat Case ncase at hedbergmaps.com
Thu Nov 15 21:31:54 EST 2001

>On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Emma Comerford wrote:
>
>>  > Misspelt words never phase me; I'm a terrible proof reader!
>>
>>  As Nat has pointed out, I unwittingly proved myself correct in this
>>  message!

and Paul asked:

>Have you?

The correct word is "faze" when describing being thrown in a dither.
According to my dictionary, it's an early 19th-century American
variant of the older "feaze" or "feeze", meaning a state of vexation
or worry.

And one of the best self-fulfilling thingamabobbers -- wossnames --
opposite of oxymoron -- I've seen in a long time.

Nat Pedantic Case