words, sounds, pictures

Emma Comerford s369161 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Nov 12 22:44:07 EST 2001

>Now, me, I think I hear the words and receive
>sensory, not just visual, impressions, but its hard to watch yourself
>reading.
>
>Comments?

I don't notice myself creating pictures as I read, but afterwards have
visual imopressions of houses etc.   I remember watching "Little Women"
and surprising myself with my clear pictures of what the rooms and places
should look like. The room where Laurie and Jo dance, for example, was
totally wrong to me, and I was amazed to find a picture in my mind of what
it REALLY looked like.
The actual words are important to me in that I get a feeling from
them...if its a great word choice, it makes the charater or the situation
come to life. I don't really know what to say except that sometimes the
sound and look of a word "feels" perfect.
Emma :)