conversation starter

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Mon Nov 12 05:32:07 EST 2001

From: Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
>Eight Days of Luke (DWJ) / The Long Dark Tea-time of the Soul (Adams)
(Norse
>gods theme.  You could also try Holt's Ye Gods)

Ooh yes- any Douglas Adams book has my vote!

How about reading things that are not necessarily thematically connected to
DWJ, but other children's books from authors writing over the same period as
DWJ, like Susan Cooper or Rosemary Sutcliffe or Joan Aiken?
Or reading Spellcoats alongside an ancient story from our world with a nice
scholarly introduction setting it in context! Beowulf, or a bit of the
Bhagvad Gita (sp?), or Pliny's Letters or something.
Jennifer (we seem to have lots of Jennifers at the moment. I'm happy to be a
Jen if it helps keep us apart.)