Aargh (Library Rant) back on topic

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 07:07:30 EST 2001

Rowena wrote:

> Anyway, in a desperate attempt to bring this back on topic, I've been
> thinking about mentions of libraries in DWJ (not quite fish imagery in
> Shakespeare, but never mind!) So far I have:
> Fire & Hemlock: It's the Friendly & Helpful Librarian (hurrah!) who tells
> Polly about the Four Muskateers.
>
> Year of the Griffin: Several mentions of the Library & its weird cat
> system, with a rather anonymous Librarian who doesn't seem to want to give
> people books, and makes a note to tell the lecturers that their students
> are making odd requests (uh-oh, Data Protection Act, anybody?)

:-)

> The Ogre Downstairs: If Gwinny hadn't tried to go to the Library on her
> own, she would not have got lost and would never have met The Ogre!
>
> The Spellcoats: Stretching it a bit, but the coats are 'translated' by the
> Keeper of Antiquities.
>
> Can anyone think of anthing else?

How about:  Reigner four (I think it was) was suspicious of the earth clothing
Vierran sent him.  His internet search failed to produce any useful hits, and
the computer had to consult a real live archivist.  Who said fantasy isn't
realistic?

(Oh no!  I thought AltaVista had a "consult a real live archivist" option, but
it seems to have disappeared...  ISTR it was run by about.com, but I can't see
anything of that nature in a quick glance at //about.com/ :-( :-( )

Philip.

prohibited.

Registered addresses:

Powergen UK plc, City Point, 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Powergen Retail Limited,  Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry CV4 8LG.
Registered in England and Wales No: 3407430

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax           +44 (0) 2476 42 5432