Too Quiet

Wed Nov 7 12:43:53 EST 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:35:23 -0000, Ven wrote:

>What's the first attempt at writing sf  or fantasy that
>you can remember.

When I was ten or eleven or thereabouts, I wrote half of a very embarrassing
science fiction/fantasy story about a girl who discovers she has magical
powers bestowed upon her by Jupiter and who then becomes part of a bunch of
other people in the same situation (avatars of the planetary deities,
essentially, though I didn't know such fancy words to dress it up back
then).  I never did finish it.  At least it reveals that I was interested in
super-team stories long before I ever read the Teen Titans and X-Men.

Now, of course, we have Sailor Moon, which just goes to show you that even
stupid ideas look better in anime.

Melissa Proffitt