conversation starter

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Nov 6 13:23:25 EST 2001

On Tuesday 06 November 2001 17:37, Jennifer wrote:

> It sounds like giving people time to get their hands on copies of
> the books will be a key component of discussions. Maybe (though it
> seems a little funny when we haven't even started one) we should
> start figuring out what book people would like to read after
> Hexwood. Any nominations?

Power of Three. Every time I read it I discover new hidden depths.

I've started on Hexwood again in hopes of being able to participate,
but I know that there's a bit I don't want to read again - I *really*
don't want to read it *ever* again - ***oops, spoilers***

the bit about Mordion's childhood and upbringing. It gives me
nightmares. I'm sure it's quite near the end, but it jumps on me
every time, and I almost left the book on the shelf because of it.

   Irina