conversation starter

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 05:24:26 EST 2001

I think it's better to read in bits, usually, because people have such
different amounts of time to spend on reading the book- it'd be depressing
to have everyone finished it and roaring off discussing the ending, when you
were only on chapter one. 5-chapter segments, or so, give time to catch up,
and I think they also give time to discuss and digest one bit before we look
at the next. Hexwood is quite complex and mysterious, I guess I feel that
trying to keep the whole in mind well enough to talk about it coherently
might give me mental indigestion!
Also, having read Hexwood before, I think seeing people's first impressions
as we go through will be really interesting and call up some of the things I
thought up my first time through, and then they can be compared with
impressions on a re-read- though we'll have to be careful of spoilers.
Jennifer

From: Jennifer Forsyth [mailto:jforsyth at equinox.unr.edu]