The Truth shall make ye Fret

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Nov 4 13:52:45 EST 2001

I've just read Pratchett's latest paperback, The Truth. It's really
good! I don't think I've enjoyed a Pratchett so much since Small
Gods. I particularly liked the incomprehensible cries of the
newspaper vendors. It took me about five years to decode the
shout of the Sheffield sellers -- "City Late" which comes out as
"I - Y - A" . The villains are becoming more and more surreal, Mr
Pin and Mr Whatsisface (I've forgotten his name and lent the book
to a friend already) are frankly bizarre, the latter will stick anything
up his nose and has interesting views on art, the former is
extremely creepy. As to the theme -- there's a lot to be said on the
subject of truth and Pratchett covers a lot of it.
                                           Ven.

The truth will make ye fret

Terry Pratchett, The Truth.