Too Quiet

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Nov 2 16:41:19 EST 2001

Ven asked...

> What's the first attempt at writing sf  or fantasy that
> you can remember.

Here, yet again, is an area where I was a late starter!  The first
story (of any kind) that I can remember writing was a retelling of
Cinderella, from the point of view of one of the ugly sisters, when I
was 14.  Somewhere around then, too, I started writing sf stories for
English essays - usually of the depressing and post-apocalyptic
variety.  They weren't very good, and I generally got better marks for
my factual essays; I perfected a line in twisting the essay's title
and giving my teacher something unexpected.  Frex, an essay with the
title "An Interesting Place in my Area" was about my brother's
bedroom!

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian. (now writing fantasy till my fingers fall off!)
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"I feel that if a character cannot communicate, the very least he can
do is to shut up!"
--Tom Lehrer