A Recommendation

Tarja Rainio vierran at saunalahti.fi
Thu Nov 1 18:35:21 EST 2001

I just read Peter Dickinson's The Ropemaker for the publisher I occasionally
read for, and I highly recommend it to everyone on the list. The premise of
the book is pretty standard fantasy novel fare (a journey to a distant place
to save the valley where the main protagonists live and back from there),
but I really liked the writing, the world and the characters.

Has anyone else read this yet? I understand it's fairly recent. I think it
has been published in Britain already and it should be out this month in the
US according to Amazon).

Tarja

p.s. Finally got Bridge of Birds and am a little under 50 pages into it, it
has seemed like great fun this far =).