Wind Singer

Liz Ottosson elizabethottosson at cableinet.co.uk
Thu May 31 04:15:34 EDT 2001

> On Thu, 31 May 2001 09:08:42 +1200, Elizabeth Evans wrote:
>
> >Our largest city bookshop has a lovely display right in the front of the
> >store, of about 5 DWJ titles, plus a couple of Bartlett books
> and HP4. There
> >is also a book which I haven't heard of before: Wind Singer by William
> >Nicholson. Has anyone read this, or heard anything about it? It
> looked quite
> >tempting, but my life is so busy at the moment, I think I would need some
> >positive reinforcement before I allow myself to be distracted by
> something
> >else.

I have also read and enjoyed this one. Just to add to Melissa's comments, a
friend of mine works for the UK publisher of the Wind Singer, and apparently
Nicholson wrote it for his children, and the exams aspect was directly aimed
at their stress about passing the exams which kids now have to go through at
every level in schools here.

Liz