Children's lit thesis?

alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca
Tue May 29 17:46:37 EDT 2001

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Rosie Burroughs wrote:

> I thought I might get to break the jinx last summer when I was writing my
> dissertation on Christianity in children's lit, i.e. combining two of my
> favourite topics. Unfortunately the children's librarianship tutor, who was
> lovely and very encouraging (she also taught management and actually got me
> to understand a little of it), was away on maternity leave that term, so I
> got lumbered with the head of department, a formidable woman who knew very
> little and cared less about children's lit and thought her duty was to
> encourage me to read more adult novels. (She did like some of my favourite
> "adult" lit, though - but we didn't get on to DWJ!)

Your dissertation sounds like a blast.  <Alexandra turning faintly green
with envy> What lovely place of study let you do this?  (I'm asking this
from more than idle curiosity.  I'm currently trying to find a good
university to do a Masters in Children's Lit at.  There, prepositions :)

Alexandra
(who thinks this list a marvellous source of inspiration)