Why I need another copy of ---

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Sat May 26 18:44:44 EDT 2001

In a message dated 5/22/01 1:09:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> except the ubiquitous "My kid never read anything until he
>  read Harry Potter and now I've just bought him his fourth copy of
>  _Philosopher's Stone_ because he read the first until it fell apart,
dropped
>  the second into the bathtub and kept reading it underwater until it
>  dissolved, and loaned the third to a friend who got so involved that she
>  stole it and is now refusing to admit she ever borrowed it and has taken to
>  answering the phone with a false name in case it's my kid wanting the book
>  back" which is, of course, a very common story nowadays)

This is a GREAT list of reasons to get another copy!  I just got duplicates
of Dick Francis' Forfeit and the newly reprinted Murder at The War (one
fallingapart-old-British-pb, and the other just disappeared....)
Devra

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com