Quote ID?

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzky at madison.k12.wi.us
Fri May 25 08:59:07 EDT 2001

>>>  "This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but with an elopement,
>>>  not that there wasn't plenty of whining...not to mention weeping,
whining,
>>>  wailing..."
>>
>>Oooh.  How very cool.  Where's this from?  Where's this from?
Hint: it s Willis (hint two, which is actually not a hint, it is quite fun
to quote at English teachers, especially when the rest of the class is
attempting to analyze the line "This is the way the world ends, not with a
bang, but with a whimper.")

Spoiler space here

To say nothing of the Dog.  The left out name that Hallie mentioned goes in
the ellipsis "Not that there wasn't any whimpering, Mrs. Mering was doing
plenty of that, not to mention whining, wailing, and clutching the letter
to her bosom"  (I'm pretty sure that's how it goes, I don't have it with
me.)