The Writing's on the Wall

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Fri May 25 00:51:57 EDT 2001

In a message dated 5/24/2001 7:50:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> >13.  "I do not understand you."
>  >      "Then we are on very unequal terms, for I understand you perfectly
> well."
>  >      "Me? yes; I cannot speak well enough to be unintelligible."
>
>  I thought this was Steven Brust, but duh, it's Jane Austen.

*hangs head in shame*
I was completely hornswoggled. I thought it was Yam in _Hexwood_ who could
not speak well enough to be unintelligible. Y'all can laugh yourselves into
flithers now.

Helen Schinske, who is no longer worthy to be called an English major