The Writing's on the Walls (Was: Re: On the subject of WickedWomen)

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzky at madison.k12.wi.us
Thu May 24 20:28:00 EDT 2001

Okay, someone's probably already posted these answers now, but I'm too fond
of the book not to show off that I know, too.

>leaving, rather, borrowing, spoiler space so people can post their own
>answers before reading
>mine

Let me first let it be noted that I love Willis!  And Bellwether is in my
top three favorite books with Contact, Deep Secret and Fire and Hemlock
(and inability to count to three)
>>3.  "Why did you decide to work with fads?"
>    "Everybody else was doing it."

Bellwether?

>>10. 1. Optimize potential.
>    2. Facilitate empowerment.
>    3. Implement visioning.
>    4. Strategize priorities.
>    5. Augment core structures.

Bellwether!

>>12.  In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real
>men,
>women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were
>real
>small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Yes it is Douglas Adams, pretty sure it is the first one, but I originally
read them the big "Complete guide" so I have problems differentiating,
second guess So Long and Thanks for All the Fish -- and my entire first
hour class is bringing in towels tomorrow.

>14.  "Do you ever feel completely itch?"

Flip! i.e. Bellwether!!

Drat!  Alexandra got the Bellwethers, but you missed 14.

Let's add: "If you have some liniment I'll put it on my dignity; I think
its sprained"
and, to copy,
"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but with an elopement,
not that there wasn't plenty of whining...not to mention weeping, whining,
wailing..."

Rebecca D. Ganetzky