The Writing's on the Walls (Was: Re: On the subject of WickedWomen)

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Thu May 24 18:23:15 EDT 2001

Alexandra said...

> spoiler

> >      "Then we are on very unequal terms, for I understand you perfectly
> > well."
> >      "Me? yes; I cannot speak well enough to be unintelligible."
> > any
> > of the ones I've read, which leads me to guess that it may be in
"Mansefield
> > Park", the only one I haven't read yet."
>
> Northanger Abbey.  Catherine talking to her beau.  Her delightful beau
> who criticizes the over-usage of "nice". :)

<heaves enormous sigh of relief>  Thank you, Alexandra.  I don't know about
Elise, but that one was about to drive *me* utterly batty!  As an excuse for
not getting it, I claim only semi-familiarity; I've only read NA once.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"I feel that if a character cannot communicate, the very least he can do is
to shut up!"
--Tom Lehrer